``nature.

Thursday, November 04, 2004 Y 12:58 PM

Hellos....this, is a letter....an unsent letter...and ppl get to read them...so that the latters r given a place to be heard la...cHeck out this letter...person writes well man...

January 08, 2001
Emily,

You don't know me. We've never come face to face. You've never touched me or heard my voice. But I know you. I've seen photographs and fingerprints. Your hands have touched the blankets that I've slept in, and your eyes have skimmed over remnants of me unknowingly.

You are infatuated with my lover. You sit on our bed and you've read the writing I leave on his bedroom wall. You put his cigarettes to your lips. You’ve sat on the carpet where we've laid together. You’ve curled up in the old chair we used to cuddle in. You've heard him play his guitar the way he used to play for me. You watch him and drink in his every movement the way I do, the way I always have. You loiter in his bedroom, the room where he and I made love and slept and talked and laughed. Your sly fingers pry into our past, dissecting the details of our love, tearing us apart.

Now that you are a part of his life, pieces of him break off and separate from me. We no longer share everything; we no longer merge in every aspect of our lives. There are hidden glances and unspoken emotions and there is tension. Friday nights don't belong to he and I anymore. Now they're filled with a stranger's laughter and embraces and sighs. You're a wedge that's been driven between us, Emily, and now I'll always be trying to bridge the gap.
I hate you. It's childish and selfish, but I hate you. You've stolen away the only thing that is precious to me, the one person that I love. I hate that your hair is long and blond, the way mine once was. I shudder at the thought of him twirling strands of that hair around his fingers the way he once did mine. I hate that your eyes are blue and that he may find happiness somewhere in them. I hate your laughter and I hate the ugly black thoughts that writhe in your brain when you hear his name. I hate that you're interested in his passions, the way I never was.

You will never understand all the things that transpired between he and I. You'll never partake in the love we shared; for that, I'm grateful. But I hate that you've replaced me. I hate that you've shattered our dreams, our plans, our future. We were going to live with each other, we were going to marry, we were going to maybe raise a family and live in love and peace forever. We were going to die holding hands.

The immensity of what I have lost overwhelms me. I've lost more than a lover. I've lost a husband, a boyfriend, a confidant, a best friend, a soul mate. I've lost millions of kisses and "I love you's" and hundreds of promises. I've lost my love to you.

Emily, treat him well. I ache just to say this to you. Kiss him gently and make sure to tell him you love him every day. Don't lie and don't you dare cheat. Know that your new lover is heaven-sent. Know that somewhere a girl is weeping for him. Be solemn in your new discovery; your happiness has sprung from another's misfortune. If you ever discover that you're no longer in love, let him come to me. I will love him forever.
Sincerely,
Sarah